Originally uploaded by kerner.
Our first day in DC we did a lot of the standard tourist stuff. We had a good lunch and a great dinner, but those are separate posts. Here is the quick overview of what happened on day one.
- Washington Monument – Saw Marine One headed to the White House while waiting to go up.
- WWII Memorial
- Lincoln Monument
- Korean War Memorial
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Lunch – Capitol City Brewing
- Smithsonian Castle
- American History Museum – including the puffy shirt
- Arlington National Cemetary and all the normal stuff there – Kennedy graves, tomb of the unknown, Arlington house. I tried to convince Sarah to walk back into the city, but she refused.
- Dinner – Old Ebbitt Grill
So that’s the first day. Today we’re headed to the zoo, Adams Morgan, and the National Cathedral. Then sushi with a friend of ours from Mizzou.